What Are The Best Romantic Weekend Getaways In Or Near Old Lyme
Whether spent in a cabin, a cottage or a treehouse, a romantic weekend getaway is a fantastic way to add some zing to your relationship. Whisk your honey off for a couple of leisurely days at one of these escapes in or near Old Lyme:
- Around 12 miles from Old Lyme, “Private Beach, Wide Open Ocean Views And Fireplace” is the perfect place for adoring couples. A nearby bay and beauty services are just some of the amenities here.
- “Beautifully Furnished 5 Star Home In Historic Downtown Mystic” is another popular option that’ll impress. It’s about 19 miles from Old Lyme and has winery tours and a sauna.
What Are The Best Houses For Rent With A Pool In Or Near Old Lyme
A pool is often a must-have when choosing where to stay on vacation, especially if you’re bringing the kids along. Check out these houses with a pool in or near Old Lyme and spend your days splish-splashing around:
- Get your vacation on at “The Beach House – Old Lyme”, where your top priority will be chilling by the pool. Amenities including towels and a fridge help make this escape a favorite with guests.
- “Be Happy Beach House Is Just Steps Away From Hawk’s Nest Beach” is the sort of place you go to get away from the everyday and make the most of your surroundings, starting with its pool. A DVD player and towels are also on hand to make your stay nice and comfortable.
Don’t know how to pack your bags for your Old Lyme break? This popular destination has an oceanic climate. In summer, you can expect average temperatures of between 65 ºF and 75 ºF. Scroll through our range of Old Lyme vacation rentals by using the search bar at the top of the page. Simply adjust the filters to get more inspiration on where to stay.
Can I Find Short Term Rentals In Or Near Old Lyme
From simple studio apartments to large vacation homes, Vrbo has your vacation sorted. Here are two of our popular picks in and around Old Lyme:
- For a wonderful night or two away, it’s tough to beat “Renovated 1 Bedroom Getaway 1 Block From Mystic River In Historic Downtown”. It’s near the center of Old Lyme, in addition to plenty of things to see and do.
- Alternatively, spend a couple of nights at “Rest, Relax, Retreat – A 3bedroom Mystic Getaway”. This comfy, conveniently located property will feel like your home away from home.
Don’t Miss: Where To Go To Get Tested For Lyme Disease
Can I Find Studio Apartments For Rent In And Around Old Lyme
Studio apartments may be small in size, but they sure pack a punch when it comes to location and convenience. Unpack your bags at one of these sought-after studio apartments in or near Old Lyme:
- After a fun-filled day of outdoor exploration, kick back and relax at “Private Beach, Wide Open Ocean Views And Fireplace”. A washing machine and beach towels are among the useful amenities you’ll find here.
- Or, use “Downtown Mystic Waterview, Central Ac” as a base to explore the best attractions around you. This comfy stay comes with a microwave oven, an oven and more.
Beachside Bliss And Secret Coves
Soundview Beach is idyllic throughout the year. It is a superb place for walks in winter and an adventure playground for kids in summer. Soft sand makes Soundview ideal for volleyball as well as paddling about in the water.
Thomas Lee House fascinates children letting them imagine what life was like between 1700 and 1800 in this historic house, one of the oldest in the state.
There is more water fun to be had with boating trips to explore the nearby North, Lord and South Coves. Filled with sealife and far quieter than the other beaches due to limited access, kids are thrilled at discovering these secret enclaves.
Don’t Miss: How To Kill Lyme Disease Naturally
Homes For Rent In Old Lyme Ct
Homes for rent in Old Lyme, Connecticut have a median rental price of $2,000. There are 205 active homes for rent in Old Lyme. Some of the nearby neighborhoods near Old Lyme are East Great Plains, South New London, Willets, and Jefferson. You may also be interested in homes that are for rent in the nearby ZIP codes of 06371, 06475, or in neighboring cities, such as East Lyme, Old Saybrook, Norwich, or Middletown.
Old Lyme Ct Homes & Apartments For Rent
Use previous and next buttons to navigate
Use previous and next buttons to navigate
Save this searchYoull get email updates when new properties matching this criteria go on the market. You can also run these searches quickly under Properties & Searches at the top of every page.and receive alerts when new properties are listed.Dismiss
Lease with a Right to Purchase
Coldwell Banker Realty can help you find Old Lyme apartments and rentals. Refine your Old Lyme rental search results by price, property type, bedrooms, baths and other features. Need more information? View our Old Lyme real estate offices and let us help you find the perfect rental or apartment.
Don’t Miss: What Does Lyme Disease Look Like On Your Skin
Houses For Rent In Or Near Old Lyme
97% of available housing is furnished
Historic Home in Hartford Near U of Connecticut…
Charming Seaside Cape Available Now
Woodsy, sunny, midcentury 5 acre retreat w pond….
Spacious post & beam by the beach close to URI,…
Quiet, lakeside home in wooded area, near…
Cozy riverside house in Niantic
Single Level Pet Friendly 2 bed / 1 bath house -…
Large, unique house writer’s dream, near beach,…
Lovely Cottage by the shore
Beautiful Beach Home and Garden Paradise
Beautiful 4-bedroom house on quiet Whitneyville…
Great sabbatical home near Yale University
Beautiful historic home near Yale, Quinnipiac, and…
Beautiful Summer Retreat at the North Fork
3 br Colonial home for rent in excellent school…
Four bedroom house for rent in Guilford, CT
Charming 1740 Cape in Woodbridge, CT
A Writers Sanctuary – 1780 Historic Capt….
10 mins to BEACH – 2 Hours from NYC
Eastern Long Island haven, quiet, close to the bay…
New London Pet friendly private house with fenced…
Hilltop 4BR – Near Yale – Fabulous Water Views,…
Large beach house near Providence, RI
Lovely, Large Colonial in Wooded Setting
Academic Rental in Madison Full house
Waterfront community Home Furnished academic…
Elegant Home on a Fantastic Block in East Rock!
Sunny, furnished home in Niantic village, walk to…
Super chic loft in Wooster square with short…
Home in Stony Creek, academic year rental
Beautiful family home in the heart of East Rock
What Are The Best Large Family Vacation Rentals In Or Near Old Lyme
Whether your perfect escape is up in the hills or by the beach, you’ll have a lot more fun if you share it with loved ones. Consider one of these large family vacation rentals in or near Old Lyme and bring the whole gang along:
- Get your nearest and dearest under the same roof at “Beautifully Furnished 5 Star Home In Historic Downtown Mystic”, which has 4 bedrooms sleeping up to 8 guests. This retreat is located 19 miles to the east of Old Lyme and features amenities such as a kitchen and a separate dining area.
- “Charming Mystic Home In Historic District” is another good option. It’s around 18 miles to the east of Old Lyme, has 5 bedrooms and accommodates up to 12 guests. Useful amenities here include a nearby bay and coffee and tea making facilities.
If you’d like to do some sightseeing, there are lots of family-friendly attractions nearby to add to your itinerary. Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration, Ocean Beach Park and Mystic River Bascule Bridge are excellent places to start.
Don’t Miss: Lyme Disease Symptoms In Animals
Apartments And Condos For Rent In Or Near Old Lyme
94% of available housing is furnished
2BR/1BA apartment sublet near Yale campus
Newly refurbished apartment in East Rock
Walkable to Yale, All Utilities Included
Airy, Bright, 2-bedroom Apartment Near East Rock…
LI Sound View Paradise, 20 min. from Yale
Apartment available close to Yale Campus December…
Modern 4 bed by Yale | laundry | parking | WFH…
1 bedroom furnished apartment in historic home on…
Furnished & renovated condo. Minutes to Yale. On…
1-3 Bedroom Apartment near Yale, New Haven, CT USA
Cozy and quiet condo immediately adjacent to Yale…
Beautiful, private, fully furnished 1-BR, plus…
Short walk to Yale. High ceilings. Heat and water…
Looking for a 1-bedroom condo in quiet complex
Large Sunny Two Bedroom apartment, 6 minute walk…
Beautiful Renovated Home in East Rock Neighborhood
Cities Near Old Lyme Ct
Home Partners of America and A New Path to Homeownership are registered trademarks of Home Partners of America LLC.
Coldwell Banker Realty and Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC share common ownership and because of this relationship the brokerage may receive a financial or other benefit. You are not required to use Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC as a condition of purchase or sale of any real estate. Operating in the state of New York as GR Affinity, LLC in lieu of the legal name Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC.
Real estate agents affiliated with Coldwell Banker are independent contractor sales associates and are not employees of Coldwell Banker.
Read Also: My Dog Has Lyme Disease
What Are The Top Vacation Rentals In Or Near Old Lyme
The heart wants what the heart wants, and right now it wants to take a vacation. It’s time to pack your suitcase and head to one of these top vacation rentals in or near Old Lyme:
- “Private Beach, Wide Open Ocean Views And Fireplace” is a favorite with guests. Around 12 miles from Old Lyme, it has 1 bedroom and loads of amenities to help you feel at home, including a kitchen and nearby birdwatching activities.
- “Beautifully Furnished 5 Star Home In Historic Downtown Mystic” also promises a memorable escape, offering 4 bedrooms, WiFi, a stereo and more. It’s around 19 miles from Old Lyme.
For even more great options, use the search bar at the top of the page to find the perfect Old Lyme vacation rental for you.
Get Moving In Old Lyme
Families can enjoy many outdoor activities in Old Lyme by visiting the Long Island Sound, the Connecticut River, recreational areas, and state parks. Hikers of all abilities have a choice of trails and nature walks, from the wide, flat-surfaced loop through Elizabeth Karter Watch Rock Nature Preserve to the rugged Lohmann-Buck-Twining Preserve, which culminates in a spectacular view of Long Island Sound. Theres kid-approved fishing at Rogers Lake and Uncas Pond, crabbing off the pier at Ferry Landing State Park, and birdwatching on Goose Island. Rocky sand and good swimming make Sound View Beach a popular destination.
Explore History And Art In Old Lyme
When staying at Old Lyme vacation rentals, be sure to check out the many historical stops in the area. The Connecticut Freedom Trail crosses the state with over 120 buildings, grave sites, and landmarks associated with the Underground Railroad. The Steven Peck House was once a safe haven for fugitive slaves. Stroll through history on Lyme Street, the 1½-mile stretch along the Old Boston Post Road, where pre-Revolutionary architecture is mixed with boutiques and eateries. The Florence Griswold Museum, birthplace of the Old Lyme Art Colony, boasts a collection by Americas early Impressionists and is just one of many cultural attractions in Old Lyme.
What Are The Best Large Group Vacation Rentals In Or Near Old Lyme
Big groups mean massive fun. They also mean finding a place that’ll effortlessly fit your whole gang. Browse our large group vacation rentals in or around Old Lyme and spend time with your favorite people under the one roof:
- Providing space, privacy and comfort, you’ll get everyone’s seal of approval at “Charming Mystic Home In Historic District”. Up to 12 people can stay at this retreat which has 5 bedrooms, a garden and a kitchen. You’ll find it around 18 miles to the east of Old Lyme.
- Nothing is more important than hanging out with the people you love, and “Elegant Historic Nine Bedroom Estate On 13 Acres Overlooking Long Island Sound” is the perfect place to do that. Located around 6 miles to the south of Old Lyme, as many as 17 people can stay in this vacation rental which has 9 bedrooms. A water view and a garden are among the many amenities at hand here.
Read Also: What Kind Of Ticks Have Lyme Disease
Old Lyme Provides Families With History And Fun
Old Lyme vacation rentals stand at the crossroads of history, recreation, and culture. Settled in 1636, the area was home to famous Revolutionary War leaders, and later on to sea captains and ship builders. The town has been an artist colony since the turn of the 20th century, making it a great place for Impressionist art exhibits and buying one-of-a-kind keepsakes on historic Old Lyme Streets. Old Lyme boasts many sites on the National Register of Historic Places and was a stop on the Underground Railroad. A wide array of inviting outdoor activities makes Old Lyme a wonderful destination for families.
Back To Nature In Old Lyme
There are several willdlife preserves and parks to visit near your vacation home. At Ragged Rock Creek Wildlife Area you will be amazed by the bird and wildlife visible from the walkways. Come for a picnic and play in the lake or hike through Canfield Woods. Explore the expansive, verdant meadows and spot foxes, possum and white tailed deer.
Don’t Miss: Infectious Disease Doctor For Lyme
Are There Mansions For Rent In Or Near Old Lyme
If you’re in search of somewhere to reconnect with your nearest and dearest this vacation, why not make it memorable? These mansions for rent in or near Old Lyme will fit your whole crew while doing it in serious style:
- Approximately 20 miles to the east of Old Lyme is “Iconic Mystic Mansion”. Along with its magnificent design, you’ll be impressed by its first-class amenities, such as massage services and beauty services.
- Another popular option is “Unique Historic Mansion Near Tourist Attractions And Casinos”. Approximately 17 miles to the northeast of Old Lyme, this fancy vacation rental gives you a taste of high-class living and offers a firepit, golf and more.
Plunge Into The Seasons In Old Lyme
The Old Lyme climate is technically between the New England and Middle Atlantic zones. In terms of weather, though, it skews closer to the latter. April is warm and pleasant, and then things start to heat up. If swimming and water activities are your thing, your best bet for Old Lyme vacation rentals is summer, when water temperatures hover around the low 70sperfect for keeping your cool. Late October, which is brisk and cool, is prime for watching the leaves change colors.
Read Also: What To Do If My Dog Has Lyme Disease
Apartments For Rent In Old Lyme Ct
Apartments for rent in Old Lyme, Connecticut have a median rental price of $2,000. There are 11 active apartments for rent in Old Lyme. Some of the nearby neighborhoods near Old Lyme are East Great Plains, South New London, Willets, and Jefferson. You may also be interested in apartments that are for rent in the nearby ZIP codes of 06371, 06475, or in neighboring cities, such as East Lyme, Old Saybrook, Norwich, or Middletown.
What Are The Top
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life at one of our weekend getaways in or near Old Lyme. Whether you want to catch up with friends or spend valued time with the fam, there’ll be something to suit your style. These top-rated options are hard to beat:
- Whisk yourself away to “Downtown Mystic Waterview, Central Ac”. Located roughly 19 miles to the east of Old Lyme, this cozy retreat has all you need for a relaxing stay, including a nearby marina and a free nearby fitness center.
- Otherwise, live it up with your loved ones at “Charming Mystic Home In Historic District”, which is around 18 miles to the east of Old Lyme. You’ll have use of air conditioning, winery tours and more here.
You May Like: Signs And Symptoms Of Lyme Disease Mayo Clinic
Can I Find Family Cabin Rentals In Or Near Old Lyme
Time spent with family is priceless, which is why we’ll help you find a space where you can truly connect. Rent one of these family cabin rentals in or near Old Lyme and create wonderful new memories with the ones you love the most:
- “Rustic Lakeside Cabin At White Gate Farm” – This popular getaway offers a garden and a living room and is located about 6 miles to the east of central Old Lyme.
- “The Cabin On Pachaug Pond” – Another great choice, this property comes with a barbecue grill, childrens activities and more. You’ll find it around 25 miles to the northeast of Old Lyme.
For more options, use the search bar at the top of the page and adjust the filters to find the Old Lyme vacation rental that’s perfect for your needs.